Libraries, schools, museums, conferences, churches, professional organizations and other local communities throughout Colorado.
Chautauqua speakers perform first-person dramatizations of literary and historical figures in period costumes.
The Chautauqua Speakers Bureau helps organizations offer high-quality humanities programs to their communities.
Statewide in Colorado schools, libraries, and other organizations.
View a calendar of Chautauqua Speakers Bureau events across Colorado.
Host organizations pay a $250 honoraria for first presentation, $400 for two in one visit, plus travel expenses.
COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS: Please review the list of possible speakers and contact Betty Jo Brenner at 303.894.7951 x17 or email@example.com eight weeks prior to your program for presenter contact information.
When planning to host a Chautauqua speaker, here are some guidelines:
[Please Note: as of November 15, 2012, we are in the process of revising the Speaker Bureau process. During this time, please contact Betty Jo Brenner for information.]
- Review the online list of possible speakers.
- Call Betty Jo Brenner at 303.894 .7951 x17 for the contact information of your selected Chautauqua speaker, and to ask any questions you might have about the program.
- Contact your selected Chautauqua speaker to discuss the details of your program
- Have the selected Chautauqua speaker agree to the details of your program by signing a contract between Colorado Humanities and Presenter (contact Betty Jo Brenner)
- Mail the completed Speakers Bureau form with payment, including the original signed copy of the contract between Colorado Humanities and Presenter, at least 8 weeks before the planned program to:
Betty Jo Brenner
7935 E. Prentice Ave., Suite 450
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Colorado Humanities staff will review the form and notify you within two weeks. The fee is required with the form. CH will pay Chautauqua speakers directly after the completion of the program.
GENERAL PUBLIC: Find out about programs, dates, times, and locations on our calendar.
SCHOLARS: If you are interested in preparing a Chautauqua presentation for our Speakers Bureau, please contact Betty Jo Brenner at 303.894.7951 x17 or firstname.lastname@example.org.